SoCal G2U Doctoral Research Showcase Seminar Series
noon - 1:30 p.m. Pacific
These events are free and will take place on Zoom.
The Southern California Government-to-University (G2U) Initiative — a partnership of the Volcker Alliance, the Southern California Association and Governments, and Pardee RAND Graduate School — is hosting “Tomorrow's Research Today,” a series of online seminars showcasing research from doctoral candidates in the Southern California area that may influence the future of work in the public sector.
Each session will be offered via Zoom and include representatives from graduate programs with research specializing in the listed areas. Pardee RAND Graduate School and California State University Dominguez Hills are coordinating the events.
Selected presenters will provide an in-depth look and understanding of how their research could provide insight leading to future innovations in public sector arenas.
Partners and registered attendees will receive an executive summary of the presented research after the presentation and an executive summary report at the end of the series.
How to Participate
Doctoral students can apply to present their research at one or more of the sessions.
Government agency representatives are encouraged to register online for as many sessions as they wish.
Ph.D. research may include, but is not limited to, topics in the following areas:
- November 9, 2021
- STEM education; lifelong learning; reading/language development disorders; early learning pedagogy, role of technology; role of culture; creative learning
- December 7, 2021
- Social Justice, Equity and Inclusion
- Race relations; police training; social movements; socio-economic disparities; city dynamics; how to build partnerships; cultures
- January 11, 2022
- Workforce and Human Resources
- Role of administration or other groups in the workplace; professional development; veteran employment/training; employee satisfaction; ergonomic; mentoring; laws and regulations government labor practices
- February 8, 2022
- Smart Cities, Homelessness, and Wellness
- Innovative ways to address health and wellness; urbanization; industrialization; aging population; climate change
- March 8, 2022
- Emergency Management and Planning
- Earthquakes; disaster planning; pandemics; evacuation; floods; homeland security; active shooting incidents
- April 5, 2022
- Earth Day: Sustainability, Environment, and Climate Change
- Biodiversity; altering ecosystems; land use; pollution; invasive species; geoengineering; water scarcity; solar radiation
Email Sandy Buchan at Pardee RAND Graduate School: email@example.com