Courses for the Certificate in Public Policy
Below is a list of Pardee RAND courses recommended for the Certificate in Public Policy open to Southwestern Law School students. The full Pardee RAND course catalog is available online; students who wish to take courses not listed below may do so with permission from the professor and an understanding of the time commitment involved.
Pardee RAND students in the Southwestern Law certificate program can find the courses available to them on the Southwestern Law School website.
Questions may be directed to Stefanie Howard, Director for Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Course selection is subject to change. Some elective courses are not offered every year, and seminar topics may vary from year to year.
- Criminology and Public Policy (Saunders, 1 unit)
- Cyber 101: Fundamental Concepts of Security and Risks in Cyberspace (Ablon/Baron, .5 unit)
- Ethics and Public Policy (Wachs, .5 unit)
- Finance and Accounting (Keating, .5 unit)
- Governance in Three Domains: Public, Corporate, Non-Profit (Wolf, .5 unit)
- Healthcare and Healthcare Reform (Ryan, .5 unit)
- History and Public Policy (Selvin, 1 unit) Required
- Leadership (Hoffman, .5 unit)
- Policy Analysis I: Perspectives on Public Policy Analysis (Ryan/Wasserman, 1 unit) Required
- Policy Analysis II: Case Studies (Ryan, .5 unit)
- Policy Analysis III: Organizational Culture of Government Institutions (Marquis, 1 unit)
- Principles of Client Oriented Policy Analysis (Wasserman, 1 unit)
- Social and Behavioral Science I: Social Science Perspectives (Bird/Meredith/Ryan/Nelson, 1 unit)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences II: Methods of Social Science (Berry, 1 unit)
- Understanding Macroeconomic Policy I (Neu, .5 unit)
Note that Policy Analysis I: Perspectives on Public Policy Analysis and History and Public Policy are required for certificate in public policy.