Pardee RAND Career Development
The Career Development Office serves to educate Pardee RAND students throughout their time with us on the wide variety of career opportunities open to them as they graduate. Additionally, Career Development provides support through resume reviews and supports students in their job search, with interviewing and job market talk preparation, and assistance in negotiating final offers.
We host a variety of events and information sessions throughout the year:
- Recruiting and information sessions with potential employers
- Skills workshops (i.e. Presentation Skills, Conference Networking)
- Pardee RAND Alumni talks: informal sessions with plenty of Q & A
- Career networking mixers
What Do Pardee RAND Alumni Do?
Pardee RAND alumni enter many diverse fields. Here are just a few of the jobs our alumni have:
- Policy analysts at research institutions
- Assistant professors at schools of public policy and public health
- Intelligence analyst for a national security agency
- Conflict management and mitigation specialist for a major development agency
- Environmental economist for a major international development firm
- Consultant for one of the world's leading management consulting firms
The careers of Pardee RAND graduates often move across these traditional categories but we expect that they'll continue to expand as careers are becoming more fluid between public and private sectors.
We encourage alumni to keep in touch with us, with each other, and with RAND.
A list of recent initial job placements is available online.