Alumni: Life After PRGS
Since its inception in 1970, the Pardee RAND Graduate School has graduated nearly 300 PhDs, who have gone on to a wide range of jobs in government, business, non-profit institutions, and academia.
PRGS organizes alumni activities and encourages alumni to let us know of their achievements and whereabouts. This page provides a brief glimpse at some recent events and news.
- Ruopeng An (cohort '08) accepted a tenure-track position as an assistant professor in the Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, College of Applied Health Sciences, at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
- Liz Brown (cohort '05) is consulting at Results for Development Institute (R4D) in Washington DC. "I hope to help start and build a program in developing country grassroots private sector development and entrepreneurship public policy," she writes.
- Phoenix Do (cohort '00) recently accepted a tenure-track position as associate professor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee — a joint appointment in Health Policy and Epidemiology at the Zilber School of Public Health. "The mission of the newly founded Zilber School is rooted in social justice, which aligns well with my research interests and personal convictions," she writes.
- Hyun Go (cohort '04) joined the Asan Institute for Policy Studies in Seoul as a research fellow.
- Ying Liu (cohort '04), was promoted to manager of Global Health Outcomes Research and Strategy at Allergan.
- John Lund (cohort '84), was promoted to senior vice president, Integrated Supply Chain Management for The Walt Disney Company.
- Chung Pham (cohort '05), is now senior research strategist at Denver Public Schools.
- Yuyan Shi (cohort '05) is an assistant professor in the Health Policy Division, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, at the University of California, San Diego.
- Daochi Tong (cohort '94) is director general for the Department of International Affairs at the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC).
- Anna-Marie Vilamovska (cohort '05), is the Secretary for Healthcare, Education and Science for the President of the Republic of Bulgaria.